How Does Geofencing In Harrisburg Integrate With A Home Security System?
Modern residential security solutions are getting more advanced by the day. With that being said, you may still forget to do simple security tasks like arming your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or even securing your front door.
How would you feel if you no longer needed to concern yourself with these things again? With geofencing in Harrisburg, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Harrisburg For your Security System?
Geofencing draws a virtual boundary along the sides of your house, which you are able to arrange in your cell phone app. This convenient tool then utilizes your phone to see when you go past the boundary and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart components use to communicate with other connected equipment. The technology aids your security system by grouping all components onto one, unified network. You are then able to draw specific boundaries along the perimeter of your home and program the specific actions you want to occur when you move beyond the boundary.
For example, shortly after you pull away from your driveway, you could program your security system to lock doors, close the garage, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing could be set to inform your system to disengage the alarm, elevate the garage door, turn on lights, and even alter your your temperature settings.
Here are some of the devices you may control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Smart thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Various electronics like TVs or appliances
● Garage doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can utilize your home’s security system in Harrisburg. When accessing the ADT Control app, you can do a lot with automation. With just a few taps of the app interface, and you are able to:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart components to engage at predetermined times. Instruct your lighting to dim to tell you that it's time to turn in for the night, or disengage your alarms when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make certain components activate based on another activity. Instruct your thermostat to switch on the fan if a smoke detector goes off. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway when your surveillance system notices abnormal activity around your property.
● Customize scenes: Design custom room scenes with components that all act in unison. Make your smart bulbs switch off, the temperature go down, and the locks activate when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for movie night with specific lighting and HVAC settings.
● Take advantage of geofencing: It's easy to forget to arm your alarm when you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and put down the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Harrisburg
Whether you seek extra reassurance of a fully secured property whenever you go to work or you wish to explore your home automation options, geofencing can help. Contact a skilled member of our team today at (717) 256-1545 or submit the form on this page to get started on your ideal security system.