What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Harrisburg
You realize you have to defend your home. After all, it provides shelter for your loved ones and is where you store your valuables. But what is the best kind of home protection? Determining if you should utilize 24/7 monitoring is one of the leading choices you must make. Learn more about the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Harrisburg and get a better sense of what’s ideal for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24-hour monitoring, your home security system connects to a third-party monitoring team that is prepared to provide help at any moment. Whenever a window sensor triggers or a fire alarm goes off, your monitoring professionals are issued an instant warning. They quickly go to work to verify the alarm and dispatch the applicable emergency services.
On the contrary, an unmonitored system doesn’t include professional backup. You could consider this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if your system is tripped, you need to act to get it resolved. This choice is the cheaper route, but it also reduces your peace of mind.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Harrisburg
Here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having 24-hour support on your side is always a good choice. If you are on vacation, asleep, or don’t have your smartphone, your home and its occupants will still be safeguarded.
- Quicker response times: Monitoring agents are always ready. They’ll react faster to alarms than you can by yourself.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security could entitle you to a homeowners insurance reduction.
- Superior tools and seamless integration: By getting hardware, monitoring, and installation from a respected home security provider, you will enjoy a fully connected system with devices that may be superior to what you will discover yourself.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Cost: You will have a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Have to get a professional install: Countless individuals would prefer to have the job done by skilled experts, but some might want to handle it on their own.
- Required to sign a contract: You will typically be required to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This will be satisfactory for numerous residents as home security is a service you will want long term.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Harrisburg
Here’s a short breakdown of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t need to pay a monitoring charge.
- Self-installation: Some may deem this to be a benefit as they can do the installation themselves and not have an added charge. Others will want to go with a professional.
- More Flexibility: You may install equipment whenever you want - and from your choice of manufacturer. With that being said, you could find integrating into a fully connected system a challenge.
- You have complete control: You won’t have anyone else monitoring your system. If a disaster arises, you’re in control of getting assistance.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What happens when you’ve misplaced your cell phone and don’t see a security alert? This circumstance will generate additional stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Requires your total attention: Since you are the only one in control, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- No support hooking up the system: If you require a helping hand during an installation, you might have to employ a separate service professional. The installation is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Harrisburg
Stay protected 24/7 with a monitored home security system in Harrisburg from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home security system is the ideal choice for you. Call (717) 256-1545 today to get started.